Untitled Document
 
Untitled Document
History of AUA


   American University Alumni Language Center (AUALC or AUA), often simply referred to as AUA, was established as a bi-national center in 1952 to "promote further mutual understanding between the people of Thailand and the United States through instruction in their respective languages, customs and traditions." Both English and Thai are taught at the main center, located in the heart of Bangkok on Ratchadamri Road. The Language Center is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization, governed by a board of Thai and American members. The real history of the AUA goes back to 1924. At that time, Thai students returning from their studies in the US and their American friends in Thailand started the American University Alumni Association (AUAA) as a purely social organization. In 1940, AUAA was registered as an Association under the patronage of H. M. the King for the purpose of promoting friendship, education, culture, charity, sports and entertainment. Today, AUAA has over 2,000 members and continues to make an important contribution to Thailand through educational and charitable works.
Untitled Document
 
โรงเรียนสถานสอนภาษาสมาคมนักเรียนเก่าสหรัฐอเมริกา จัตุรัสจามจุรี ชั้น 21 เลขที่ 319 ถนนพญาไท ปทุมวัน กรุงเทพฯ 10330 โทร. 02 657 6411-7
Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.